Cohosts Bonnie and Shanda, discuss WHY they do school visits, WHAT school visits might be like in the fall (predicted by librarians), and HOW to get started by thinking through a few logistics.
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Sell Books and get PAID doing Author School Visits by Kim Norman
- Virtual Author Visit Etiquette Poster: https://vanmeterlibraryvoice.blogspot.com/2020/05/i-can-zoom-buncee-posters.html
- Highlights Workshop on Creating Author Visits: https://www.highlightsfoundation.org/12473/guest-post-andrea-j-loney-three-tips-for-awesome-author-visits/
- Creating Engaging School visits Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/122633751263332/
- One Resource for selling books at a school visit: https://www.authorvisitcentral.com/
- Lee and Low's "How To Host A Successful Virtual Author Visit" Webinar Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58synKLBGgo&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for joining us! Next time will dive into designing your presentation(s).