Aimed at authors/illustrators new to school visits, Bonnie and Shanda discuss several types of author presentations you can do and gives examples of each:
- Book specific
- Topic specific
- Process specific
- and combinations
Shanda talks about the 3-ingredient recipe that helped form her own successful author presentation, and Bonnie tells about a super fun/gross activity she's excited to try at her next presentation about speaking kind words.
Resources and books mentioned in this episode with affiliate links (that help support this podcast):
- "Preparing Your Perfect Presentation", a course from KidLit Creatives. Use code: AVPTHANKYOU for 10% off!
- Dirt Cheap by Mark Hoffmann
- Taste Your Words by Bonnie Clark, illustrated by Todd Bright
- Catching Thoughts by Bonnie Clark, illustrated by Summer Macon
- Doll-E 1.0 by Shanda McCloskey (Scheduled to be back in stock early September 2020.)
- T-Bone the Drone by Shanda McCloskey